Saturday, March 29, 2014
1202 Eastwood Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
5K Run and Walk
1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
The Blue Ribbon Run takes place on an out and back course on flat ground. It begins in Autumn Hall taking participants along the Cross City Trail and back.
5 Ways to Win as a Team!
1. The team with the most participants registered (walking and/or running) wins an Incredilbe Pizza Party!
2. The team with the fastest time (must have at least 4 participants), wins an Incredible Pizza Party!
3. The team with the most spirit wins an Incredible Pizza Party! This is a chance to show your creativity ! Dress up to show your team spirit or dress to fight cancer!
4. Raise money to fight colon cancer. The team that raises the most money above the cost of their entry fees, can have 50% of that amount donated to the cancer cause of their choice (Relay for Life, Lower Cape Fear Hospice, breast cancer, etc.) Of course they can choose to let all the money go to the Blue Ribbon Run. In addition, this team will win an Incredible Pizza Party! ALL teams that choose to raise money above their entry fees, will be recognized at awards ceremony and may choose to send 10% of the funds they raised to any cancer cause.
5. Everyone who joins a team wins by benefiting personally with the physical fitness you gain and by helping fight colon cancer.
For more information, contact Amy Croom at email@example.com or Ana Boudreau at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE RACE:
According to the American Cancer Society, colon cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer and the third leading cause of cancer death. March is colon cancer awareness month! Help make a difference as proceeds for this race will go to the Fight Against Colon Cancer. The Blue Ribbon Run is in celebration of Wilmington resident Julie Brown and Christina Gianoplus, both who died from colon cancer at age 41.
5K Run & Walk
Early Bird through March 3: $25
March 4 – Race Day: $30
Early Bird through March 3: $15
March 4 – Race Day: $20
In Spirit Runner
$20 – Support the cause, get the T-shirt, save on actually having to run/walk.
The Blue Ribbon Run is offering Without Limits Brand race shirts. Shirts are only guaranteed to those who register by March 3. Shirt sizes come in Youth, Male and Female. Without Limits Brand shirts fit to true boutique sizes, they run smaller than a typical unisex shirt.
PACKET PICK UP:
Friday, March 28
Omega Sports in Wilmington
Saturday, March 29
At the Race Site
Overall Male, Female, and Master Finishers
Top 3 in age group
FAQ & GUIDELINES
Waiver: The Registration Agreement & Liability Waiver is linked to the Online Registration. This must be selected and approved during registration.
Packet Pick-Up: Family or Friends may pick-up your Race Packet at Packet Pick-Up if the event is not sold out. For sold out races, individuals must pick-up their packet and show I.D.
On-Site Registration: Registration is available starting one hour prior to race start. It closes 20 prior to start.
Timing: Jaguar Chip Timing will be used to time this race
Weather: This race is rain or shine. It will be postponed, rescheduled or cancelled if a severe weather warning is in effect.
Refunds: Refunds requested by participant are as follows:
More than 60 days from event: Full Refund
Less than 60 days, but more than 30 days from event: 50% Refund
Less than 30 days, but more than two weeks from event: 25% Refund
Less than two weeks from event: No Refund
Entries are not transferable to other races Timed by Go Time as each race is organized by a different group. We must stick to this policy as race items have been purchased based on current registrations and it is not fair to choose who receives a refund and who does not.