Shopping for gifts during the holidays can be difficult. But if you are shopping for a friend or family member who is a runner, then we are here to help! Check out the following list of gift ideas that your favorite runner is sure to love.
- Gift Card to a Running Store – Runners need new shoes quite often, but it’s best to not buy shoes for someone else without them being properly fitted first and testing the shoes out. A good solution to this is to buy a gift card that they can put towards those new shoes, or any other running gear they may be in need of.
- Goodr Sunglasses – Not only are these sunglasses inexpensive, but they also come in many different colors and fun themes. So even if someone already has a pair, they are sure to enjoy having a second pair (or third!) in a different color or design. Goodr sunglasses have become extremely popular for runners and athletes due to their polarization, and the fact they they don’t slide down or bounce.
- Wireless Headphones – Nothing can be more annoying than headphone cords swinging around during a run. Luckily, there are now a variety of different wireless/bluetooth headphones available. Apple Air Pods of course seem to be most popular these days for those with iPhones, but there are a lot of other brands out there that are just as great, and some for a lot less money too.
- GPS Watch – If you are looking for a gift on the more expensive side, then you can’t go wrong with a running watch with GPS. Most experienced runners may already have this, but it can be a great gift for someone who may have an older watch (technology is constantly improving) or for someone who has just started getting into running and may not own one yet.
- Deep Muscle Massager – Good circulation and loose muscles are essential for runners. So a handheld, deep muscle massager would be an ideal gift for any level of runner or athlete. This is a product that is great for before a run to help loosen up muscles, as well as for after a run when muscles become sore and/or stiff (Theragun and Hyperice are two popular brands).
- Massage Ball – If you are in search of a more affordable massage-related gift, then a massage ball set would be the perfect way to go. Runners often have sore feet and leg muscles, and something like this is easy to take on the go. You can find a variety of different sets on Amazon in the $20 range.
- Energy Gels / Sport Beans – Looking for an inexpensive, stocking stuffer? Then you can’t go wrong with energy gels or sport beans. Not only are they cheap, but distance runners are always in need of them, and you can find them at pretty much any running store or sporting goods store. Just know that they come in a variety of different flavors, and some people are picky about what flavors they prefer.
- Performance Socks – Clothes may seem like a boring gift, but to a runner you can never have enough high quality athletic socks. Runners need appropriate socks to prevent blisters, and also tend to cycle through them pretty quick with the wear and tear from running. Balenga is a common sock brand for runners due to their cushion, comfort and compression-fit.
- Running Belt – We’ve all dealt with the issue of not having enough pockets on our clothes, which can be frustrating for runners, especially on long-run days when you need to carry extra fuel. These belts are meant to not slip or bounce, and can carry many thing such as money/ID, keys, snacks, gels, and even your phone. They are also inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes/colors and pocket options.
- Medal Holder – If you know a runner with a lot of finisher/award medals, but no where to put them, then this a great gift that can be put to good use. A variety of different holder designs are out there, and some can even be personalized if you desire (check out Etsy if you like supporting small businesses). Some also include a race bib display too!
Hopefully this list has given you some great gift ideas for the special runner in your life – happy shopping! And Happy Holidays from the Go Time team!