When & Where
ANYWHERE! October 30 – November 1
Please participate and submit your time/photos by 11:59 PM on 11/1/20
5K – VIRTUAL
1 Mile – VIRTUAL
Must submit your time by 11:59 PM on 11/1/20
VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS – READ BEFORE YOU RUN!
1. GET THE IYR VIRTUAL APP
– Download the App called “IYR VIRTUAL” on your phone. IYR has several apps, so be sure to download the one called IYR VIRTUAL. The App is not required, but makes uploading your results automatic.
– Once you open the App, you will be asked for your name and email address to find your registration record. You will need to use the email address associated with your registration profile. If someone else’s email address was used for your registration profile, you will need to use that email.
2. RUN YOUR RACE
– Run or walk the distance you registered for at any time and anywhere between October 30 and November 1.
3. SUBMIT YOUR TIME (read before you run)
– Option 1: Run with the IYR Virtual App, and let it record your finish time. The App will track your run, tell you when you finish the race, and automatically upload your finish time to the race results.
1) When you’re ready to run, open the IYR Virtual App using the email address associated with your registration record.
2) Search for the name of the race.
3) Click on “Tracker” and then on “Ready for My Race”
4) You will be prompted to enable Background Location in your Settings. Make sure this background setting is set to ALWAYS, and NOT Only When Using. The ALWAYS setting ensures that if the phone goes to sleep, or you play music, the App will still track your run. Following your race, simply go to Settings, find IYR Virtual, and turn off Background Location.
– Option 2: Use the IYR Virtual App to Manually Upload your results from your Garmin, GPS, or Strava to the IYR Virtual App after your race. After your race, open the App, find the race, click on Tracker, then Upload Results.
– Option 3: Upload a picture of your results through a Google From. Use the following link to send us a picture of your results. Your results will not post automatically online like those using the IYR Virtual App, as we have to upload these results manually. SUBMIT RESULTS HERE – link coming soon!
4. SHARE YOUR PICTURES
– Be sure to take pictures of your run/walk and share them with us. We will be creating a Facebook album. SUMBIT PICTURES HERE – link Coming Soon!
This Law Enforcement Torch Run Event for Special Olympics North Carolina has gone virtual this year! The virtual race event features a 5K and 1 Mile run/walk – just participate in your favorite park/trail or in your own neighborhood. All proceeds from this race go to benefit Special Olympics North Carolina!
About the Cause
Special Olympics North Carolina is one of the largest Special Olympic programs in the world with nearly 40,000 registered athletes who train and compete in year-round programs in 19 different sports. In New Hanover County, more than 500 athletes compete in 13 different sports. The benefits to Special Olympics are endless, providing opportunities for the development of physical fitness, courage, confidence, skills and social inclusion. Special Olympics athletes are never charged a fee to compete, making your support instrumental.
Each year, law enforcement officials across the state raise money for the Special Olympics North Carolina by participating in numerous events which raise money for the foundation. 100 % of all funds raised and donated go directly to the foundation in order to provide the athletes with sports equipment, uniforms, coaching, supplies, housing and transportation to local, statewide, and even nationwide competitions.
• Top 3 Overall, Male & Female
*** ALL FINISHERS WILL RECEIVE A MEDAL ***
Shirts are guaranteed to participants who register by 11:59 PM on Thursday, October 1, 2020. The shirts are available in Adult Unisex S-XXXL cut sizes, and are made of a Cotton/Polyester Blend.
Be sure to claim your shirt today by registering!
MEDALS: All race participants will receive one with their race packet!
Official Course: The starting line will be at the beginning of Chancellor’s Walk, with a 5K route around the campus of UNCW Wilmington. The 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk will also start and finish at this point.
Virtual Run 2020: You can run or walk your race anywhere! We remind you to avoid running in groups and be mindful of social distancing.
Schedule & Parking Info
Thursday, October 29, 2020
Fleet Feet Sports
1125 Military Cutoff Rd. D
Wilmington, NC 28405
4 PM – 6 PM – Packet Pickup
Race packets must be picked up at the packet pickup above, or your packet can be mailed to you for an additional fee.
October 30 - November 1, 2020
Run/walk anytime and anywhere! If you would like to be listed in the Virtual Results, you must participate and submit your time by 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 1, 2020.
Race Day Parking
This event has been switched to a virtual race.
Want to Sponsor the Event?
Questions About the Event?
REGISTRATION & PRICING
1 Mile: Through October 26 — $20
5K: Through October 26 — $30
If you live out of town or would prefer to not attend the designated packet pickup,
you can have your packet mailed directly to you for an additional shipping fee of $5.
Packets will begin being mailed TWO WEEKS before the start of the virtual event.
FAQ & GUIDELINES
Waiver: The Registration Agreement & Liability Waiver is linked to the Online Registration. This must be selected and approved during registration.
Packet Pick-Up: Family or Friends may pick-up your Race Packet at Packet Pick-Up.
On-Site Registration: Registration is available starting one hour prior to race start. It closes 20 minutes prior to start.
Timing: Jaguar Bib Chip Timing will be used to time this race
Weather: This race is rain or shine. It will be postponed, rescheduled or cancelled if a severe weather warning is in effect.
Refunds: There are no refunds, registration will be accepted as a donation.
Entries are not transferable to other races Timed by Go Time as each race is organized by a different group.
We must stick to this policy as race items have been purchased based on current registrations and it is not fair to choose who receives a refund and who does not.