When & Where
Please participate and submit your time/photos by 11:59 PM on 7/5/20 to be included in the Virtual Results!
4 Mile – VIRTUAL
1 Mile – VIRTUAL
Must submit your time by 11:59 PM on 7/5/20 for Virtual Results.
2020 Firecracker 4 Miler Photos
2020 Firecracker 4 Miler Results
VIRTUAL RACE INSTRUCTIONS – READ BEFORE YOU RUN!
1. GET THE IYR VIRTUAL APP
– Download the App called “IYR VIRTUAL” on your phone. IYR has several apps, so be sure to download the one called IYR VIRTUAL. The App is not required, but makes tracking your race and uploading your results automatic.
– Once you open the App, you will be asked for your email address to find your registration record. You will need to use the email address associated with your registration profile. If someone else’s email address was used for your registration profile, you will need to use that email.
2. RUN YOUR RACE
– Run or walk the distance you registered for at any time and anywhere between NOW and 11:59pm on July 5th.
3. TRACK & SUBMIT YOUR FINISH TIME (read before you run)
– Option 1: Run with the IYR Virtual App, and let it record your finish time. The App will track your run, tell you when you finish the race, and automatically upload your finish time to race results.
1. When you’re ready to run, open IYR Virtual App using the email address associated with your registration record
2. Search for Firecracker 4 Miler
3. Click on “Tracker” and then on “Ready for my Race”
4. You will be prompted to enable Background Location to Always. This is to ensure if the phone goes to sleep, or you play music, the App will still track your run. Following your race, go to Settings and turn off Background Location.
– Option 2: Use the IYR Virtual App to Manually Upload your results from your Garmin, GPS, or Strava after your race. After your race, simply open the App using the email address tied to your registration, find the race, click on Tracker, then submit your finish time. Your finish time will be uploaded automatically to results online.
– Option 3: Upload a picture of your results through a Google From. Use the following link to send us a picture of your results. Your results will not post automatically online like those using the IYR Virtual App, as we have to upload these results manually. SUBMIT RESULTS HERE
4. SHARE YOUR PICTURES
– Be sure to take pictures of your run/walk and share them with us. We will be creating a Facebook album. SUBMIT PICTURES HERE
The Fayetteville Running Club invites you to join them “Virtually” for their Premiere Event – the 7th Annual Firecracker 4 Miler and 1 Miler Race on Saturday, July 4th… or run right after you register to take advantage of the cooler spring weather – you have from NOW until July 5th to submit your time and photos! Though you can’t run in-person in Fayetteville this year, you can still join over 1,200 runners virtually to kickoff Independence Day 2020 in your own neighborhood or favorite running trail. Funds from this race are donated to many deserving local charities, including the Gold Star Teen program which “provides year-round adventure opportunities for the children of fallen military members, first responders, and from our nation’s intelligence community who have lost their lives in the line of duty.”
About the Cause
Fayetteville Running Club (FRC) is a 501(c)3 organization that has been promoting running as part of a healthy lifestyle since 2008. The largest benefactor of this race is the Gold Star Teen program, but if you follow their Facebook page, you will see that they make $500 contributions to deserving local charities every month. They also have two annual $1,000 scholarships!
FRC supports runners of all ability levels through our daily meetups, social media pages, FRC Social Events, and monthly educational meet and mingles. The FRC is proud to host over 14 running meetups per week to give our local runners a safe, fun, and welcoming group to run with. As an active philanthropic group within the community, they continuously strive to give back locally through their Fitness for a Cause Program giving $500 a month donations to local charities.
4 Mile Awards
• Top 3 Overall, Male & Female
• Top 3 in Age Groups, Male & Female:
14 & Under, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44,
45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
DUE TO THE RACE BEING CONVERTED TO A VIRTUAL EVENT, THERE WILL BE NO AWARDS FOR 2020. HOWEVER, EVERYONE WHO REGISTERS BY JUNE 3 RECEIVES AN AWESOME FINISHER MEDAL!
Race Bibs, Shirts, & Finisher Medals will arrive in the mail by July 4 to participants who register by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Participants who register after this date, may not receive their items by July 4.
SHIRTS/MEDALS HAVE SOLD OUT – REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Official Course: The four mile course winds through the beautiful and historic parks and museums of downtown Fayetteville, highlighting many historic sites which tell the story of our All American City. The course starts and finishes on the streets of Fayetteville at the intersection of Walter & Hillsboro Streets which is located between the N.C. State Veterans Park and the Airborne & Special Operations Museum.
Virtual Run 2020: You can run or walk your race anywhere! We remind you to avoid running in groups and be mindful of social distancing.
Schedule & Parking Info
Participants will receive their shirt/medal/bib in the mail by July 4th. You MUST register by June 3rd to be guaranteed these swag items.
NOW through July 5, 2020
Run/walk anytime and anywhere! If you would like to be listed in the Virtual Results, you must participate and submit your time by 11:59 PM on Sunday, July 5, 2020
Race Day Parking
This event has been switched to a virtual race.
Want to Sponsor the Event?
Questions About the Event?
REGISTRATION & PRICING
THE FIRECRACKER 4 MILER IS SOLD OUT FOR 2020
Virtual 4 Mile Race
Through June 1 — $25
June 2 through July 4 — $30
Virtual 1 Mile Race
Through June 1 — $25
June 2 through July 4 — $30
PLEASE NOTE: Participants MUST register by June 3 to receive race swag in the mail by July 4. Race swag is NOT guaranteed to be delivered by July 4 for anyone who registered after June 3, and shirt/medal availability will become limited after this date as well – extras will not be ordered.
FAQ & GUIDELINES
Waiver: The Registration Agreement & Liability Waiver is linked to the Online Registration. This must be selected and approved during registration.
Packet Pick-Up: Family or Friends may pick-up your Race Packet at Packet Pick-Up.
On-Site Registration: Registration is available starting one hour prior to race start. It closes 20 minutes prior to start.
Timing: Jaguar Bib Chip Timing will be used to time this race
Weather: This race is rain or shine. It will be postponed, rescheduled or cancelled if a severe weather warning is in effect.
There are no refunds, registration will be accepted as a donation.
Entries are not transferable to other races Timed by Go Time as each race is organized by a different group. We must stick to this policy as race items have been purchased based on current registrations and it is not fair to choose who receives a refund and who does not.